99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LH homemade motor mount

RH motor mount

Another RH mount pic, I know I still need to gusset everything

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Nice. Do the '94-'99 Dodge diesel mounts allow you to install the starter without interference? Also, how many of the bolt holes on the mounts line up with the bolt holes on the block?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mounts

The engine mounts were switched right to left & left to right . Then I had to do some small grinding around the turbo oil return line next to eng block. Yes the dodge location starter fits nicely but I did do some more grinding on the frame , about 1/8" . The dodge motor mounts have 3 bolts that bolt up & all 3 work in each mount. I need somebody to post a pic of a trans mount (chevy) (nv4500) & their crossmember as I need to figure that out next !

·
Registered
696 Posts
Vibrations

Hi Charlie, I am interested in how well the mounts control vibrations on a 4bt. I have a set of the 2nd gen dodge mounts I was going to use but was put off with all the talk of the P30 fluid mounts being the way to go. Have you started the motor yet? could you post an update when you do?

Gaza

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I'll let u know . I would imagine that the fluid mounts would be the best but not sure. I was having second thoughts about my mounts as well but I've gone this far so I might as well go all the way. I am picking up another 4b coming up (my 3rd) so I'll be thinking about future projects w/ different mounts.

·
Banned
427 Posts
motor mounts

i believe the fluid engine mounts have more give than the standard rubber type mounts. i have both types myself and my line of thinking is it all needs to be matching, engine & trans so not to hurt one or the other I.E. the trans is the smallest and thus it would take the brunt of hyd. mount movement.
i might be wrong though. i,am doing a m715 army truck conversion as i speak and i,ll post pix of the build asap.
CHARLIE..... is that a 1967-1972 chevy tk. your doing ? i,ve got one to do by summer.
bob in tn

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
http://www.makeitmopar.com
Engine mount, 94-98 Dodge with 5.9 Cummins (These are the steel bracket numbers only)
part numbers:

RH is 52018236 at $63.45
LH is 52018237 at $61.50

The cushions are probably cheaper at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the info. The numbers don't work. I called and they are 52018237 and 52018236, everything else the same.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alot has happened since I posted those pics. I tried & tried to get that motor to fire & never could, so I went & bought a compression tester. Compression was really low so I bought another 4b core from another member here (Thanx Bob) & it turned out better than the one I had . I just had to re-ring & bearing it & valve job . Anyway it now sits on its engine stand waiting for me to finish up the frame cleanup & fresh paint job. Frame is painted , I'm in the process of de-greasing the axles & soon paint. Hopefully it'll be running real soon ! Charlie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I removed the stock crossmember, I wish I could've figured out a way to use it but I didn't. Sense then I've been driving it around my yard just to my garage and back working on the body.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update

Talk about a hybrid well here goes ! Its a 1970 chevy truck mounted on a 1974 Blazer frame lifted 4" and then I cut out an 11" section out of the bed making the bed a super short. My 4b has a hybrid H1C turbo on it and it has the 250 hp 6 b injectors. I'll try & post pics this weekend if I remember. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or proud.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts