Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Not that I know of. I upgraded the fuel pin and spring but I haven't done anything other than lower the idle bolt on the outside. This was a supposedly rebuilt pump off ebay. After I bump the throttle and it stays up a little if I shit the engine off and restart it, its back to normal.
Onother thing with the rpms raising on their own. It seems very smooth and controlled not like a random thing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if this would have anything to with your issue but the CAV pump uses different pressure rate injectors. The VE pump has more pressure and may be causing them to pop off incorrectly. Just a thought since I had the same setup as you do and had to change the injectors

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Not sure if this would have anything to with your issue but the CAV pump uses different pressure rate injectors. The VE pump has more pressure and may be causing them to pop off incorrectly. Just a thought since I had the same setup as you do and had to change the injectors
Well at some point I planned on upgrading those anyway I guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
It’s always two steps forward and one and a half back. In fitting my fender I realized the way I have the intercooler was not gonna work. And I was going to have to butcher the whole front end to get it to work. So this is my current attempt at getting everything set with the plan of putting a condenser between the use in the future.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Got a generic temperature sensor flock. It was 18 NPT and I had to tap it out to 14 x 1.5. This will have a dual speed temperature switch from a BMW with temperature ranges at 195/210. I have to use this switch because the Volvo fan is set up to use grounds
to signal the relays.

Attachments

221 - 227 of 227 Posts