Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
my guess is most of you acquired your 4BT with a flywheel or flexplate. I wasn't so lucky, but couldn't pass up the price for the motor:D

So far every diesel dismantler has requested the P/N for the flexplate and wave ring. My searches for these numbers get me all the Cummins numbers for the 4BT right up to the end of the crank but not the flexplate:pissed:

This can't be that hard, must be lookin in all the wrong places (lol), any advice?

George

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi all,
my guess is most of you acquired your 4BT with a flywheel or flexplate. I wasn't so lucky, but couldn't pass up the price for the motor:D

So far every diesel dismantler has requested the P/N for the flexplate and wave ring. My searches for these numbers get me all the Cummins numbers for the 4BT right up to the end of the crank but not the flexplate:pissed:

This can't be that hard, must be lookin in all the wrong places (lol), any advice?

George
I have one - Make an offer :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, I just sent a PM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a complete chevy setup for those interested: flywheel housing, flywheel/flexplate, wave ring, the 8 bolt crank spacer, the starter, and all the hardware for the block, the starter, and the flexplate. Everything is cleaned and painted with industrial epoxy paint in factory cummins colors of beige and black.

Make me an offer via email: [email protected]

I plan on puting this up on eBay soon...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Mark, I'm following a lead for the plate now...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Check out avant salvage in Sandersonville, GA if you cant find one above. Good source for 4BT's & Parts. Ask for Jamie.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks DarylB, I'll track that one down. I think I emailed Jamie a couple of weeks ago... ...nothing back yet.

Maybe I can make a Flex Plate from a STOP sign using a file...:D

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
very cool, will be nice to see another 4BT pig out there.. Here are some pics of Terry Holben's, got his done by proffitt's cruisers in Colorado.. Yours will be the 3rd I know of at least.. :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dieselcruiserhead,

It's you! I just spent (clearing throat) 'a bit' of time going over your first build.
It was your build that I looked over at a buddy's house a couple years back that put it into my head to try the 4BT!!! Thanks! You're the Man! :pig:

This has been a long time searching, planning and acquiring budget.

You did so much figuring and struggled with s***, and your sharing it helps us newbies spearhead our efforts. This is do-able! bounce

I could only hope to inspire others the way you have done for me (is that corny, or what? Meant it though...):emb:

Best Regards,
George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts