Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finally getting close to my 4bt to 95 wrangler install. My injector pump was leaking so the shop that repairs my equipment pumps rebuilt it. He has added the 3200 rpm spring and turned the pump up 30% (According to him)

He also has put 5.9 12 valve nozzles in my injectors and has provided me with a rebuilt non wastegate turbo and compressor from a 89' 5.9 out of a dodge truck. I plan on putting an intercooler of some kind on it, but don't know what, yet. I also will install pyro, boost, and other necessary gauges.

Now the questions. I am new to diesel performance and am ignorant when it comes to diesel performance mods of any kind. I have a stock TH400 that came with the engine. Will it be able to handle the power without any problems? Will my engine, if it is tight, be able to handle the modifications listed above? Does anyone have an idea of the hp and torque I can expect from the above? Is there anything else I should be thinking of? Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first diesel with modifications.

Also, this is not going in a daily driver. It is a jeep for my son and I to play with.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
engine should be fine, the TH400 (if it came with the van it should be a TH475) will probably be fine with those mods, just a guess though.

What size turbine housing is on that turbo? if it's off an 89 6bt, it could be a big housing, you will probably want a 12-14cm housing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The turbo probably has an 18 cm2 turbine housing and a 50mm compressor wheel. My turbo is supposed to be for a 4BTAA and has an 18 cm2 turbine housing and a 46mm compressor wheel. If this is all correct, you gained from the compressor wheel compared to stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts