Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks, I have a 4in straight back from the turbo to a 6in tip
Sounds really good. I looked for build thread, but just found several short threads with questions. Nice build. If you are going to be doing a build thread, ignore the questions. I'm curious about the tensioner setup and what tranny/turbo etc. you are running. I'll wait patiently. I'm sure you'll love driving the truck. I have the original Frito muffler setup and it doesn't sound as good as the 4" pipe your running.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Nice swap crazy, looks like you got plenty of space for an intercooler up front if you decide to turn up the power.

Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds really good. I looked for build thread, but just found several short threads with questions. Nice build. If you are going to be doing a build thread, ignore the questions. I'm curious about the tensioner setup and what tranny/turbo etc. you are running. I'll wait patiently. I'm sure you'll love driving the truck. I have the original Frito muffler setup and it doesn't sound as good as the 4" pipe your running.
I was trying to do a build thread but for some reason I can't upload all the photos I took, so I'm more than happy to answer all your questions and I can email you photos of what ever you like. The tensioner setup is a custom made system to run the factory a/c compressor, I did have to make new lines for the compressor but other than that it was basically a direct bolt, I'll post a link to the site i ordered the system from in a bit. I'm running the factory ford e4od tranny, I'm using the gm flex plate and hub my 4bt came with a 7.3 torque converter, I did have to modify the hub as it was to long so we shortened it a bit and made a centering bushing so the torque converter would fall in place I have plenty of pics and measurement on this if you like. I'm running the factory baby h1c turbo for now and I have my pump maxed out and the power screw just about at run away. I have put around 5,000 miles on the swap and I am getting about 22-25 mpg I will be installing an intercooler as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice swap crazy, looks like you got plenty of space for an intercooler up front if you decide to turn up the power.

Dave
Yes there is plenty of space lol, I will be installing and intercooler but I will be doing that once I get my hands on an hx30 until then I think I'm just gonna let it be its running pretty darn good, way better then the factory in line 6 it had before.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes there is plenty of space lol, I will be installing and intercooler but I will be doing that once I get my hands on an hx30 until then I think I'm just gonna let it be its running pretty darn good, way better then the factory in line 6 it had before.
What are your EGT's with it maxed out and hammering on it? Also, what boost are you getting?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts