Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!, I am Bob Stevens, I opened Big Wheel Off Road, here in beautiful down town Hubert in 1989. I have just in the last couple years , been getting into the diesels a little bit. I have done a 4bt conversion into a Wrangler for a customer, that came out great. I would post some pics, if I could find them, sure hope they didnt get wiped. Anyway, I will be here listening, more than talking, since I am fairly new to these little engines. Thanks for having me, Bob.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to have someone close by. Most everyone seems to be back on Colorado or Utah.

My truck is by no means a 4X4 but If I really like this little 4 banger I would like to make a 4x4 swap of some sort.

Welcome to the forum even though I've only been here a breif while myself and know little about this engine it seems to be a very good place to be.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
actually I'd say there are a lot of you guys down in that neck of the woods.. At least that is where the 4BTs are, a jealousy from the classifieds section!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well there is a lot of 4bt's here most of them are in the box vans...not to many converters that I have seen yet but I may be wrong. But yes I just moved from Portland and I have never seen so many box vans powered by 4bt.

Problem is they are all rotary pumps....booo. :) haha I'm holding off on the engine for another month or so probably haven't been able to work anything out with the guy who I hope will help me build up the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bob, and the rest of you from NC...
Glad to see some other folks from the area already here...

Not all the little Cummins engines in NC are in route trucks...

In addition to the swaps mentioned above, there are a few Cummins converted vehicles in the Raleigh area in addition to mine, moslty F250's with the 6BT although I know of two F150's and a full size Bronco with 4BT's... I'll try to get their owners to stop by.

And then, don't forget Charles Talbert over at M Series Rebuild down in Norwood who not only performs maintenance, repair, and restoration of M-Series military trucks, but who also has a healthy business converting trucks for commercial use and for VFD's using 4BTA and 6BTA engines depending on size...

And then, I am helping three folks on the NC coast repower thier M37 with 4BT's as we speak...

The population of Cummins conversions in the area is growing...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am in Eastern NC and am looking for a P30 to get an engine out of. I have a '70 Chevy C-20 Camper Special that I think would be a great conversion. Anyone local ever done a 67-72 Chevy?

Orlando

1 - 6 of 6 Posts