Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, hope this is posted correctly. What kind of fuel mileage could be expected from a navigator with 4bt/4r100 auto? Thanks seth

·
Registered
854 Posts
It depends on a LOT of things, but figure around 25-ish?

I don't think you could hit 30 MPG unless you drove it 40 mph and geared it right

·
Registered
329 Posts
Navigator is built off of a 250 SD chassis, not suspension though. I would say if you got everything hooked up, low twentys. Wind resistance and weight are against you. I have yet to meet anyone who routinely gets 30-35 mpg.

Still much better than the 4.6, 5.4

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think the powerstroke Excursions get around 20

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
hardly.. The powerstrokes and that massive truck gets mid teens, high if you keep your foor out of it. I think a Navigator would be slightly underpowered and get high teens/low 20s max also...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i'd expect low 20's for it, big and with an auto.

My durango with a working trans got about 24 and it's lighter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what I have found curb weight is 5970 on the navigator and it is on the f150 chassis instead of the super duty chassis. My 99 super duty weighs almost 8k with a 7.3 it gets 16 and has seen 19mpg before but not often. I have a 97 powerstoke also and with no spare tire, and me out of it it weighs 6500 at the local scrap yard and it gets a consistent 17.2 mpg with 4.10 gears and a manual.

·
Registered
500 Posts
from what I have found curb weight is 5970 on the navigator and it is on the f150 chassis instead of the super duty chassis. My 99 super duty weighs almost 8k with a 7.3 it gets 16 and has seen 19mpg before but not often. I have a 97 powerstoke also and with no spare tire, and me out of it it weighs 6500 at the local scrap yard and it gets a consistent 17.2 mpg with 4.10 gears and a manual.
4BT's rarely get over 25mpg in vehicles that large due to weight & wind resistance. The reportedly "high mpg" (upper 20's & low 30's) rigs tend to be 4500lbs or less, 2wd w/5 speeds & road gears. 20-25mpg would be a good estimate in that particular application which would be nearly a 40% improvement over a 5.4L that might average 12-15mpg

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if it's really close to 6k lbs, i'd expect really low 20's cruising on the highway, probably right around 20 maybe a little less average.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
who makes a conversion kit to bolt the 4bt to 4r100? and what does it take to do this swap from a 5.4?
check with destroked, they would most likely be able to help you with the adapter. I am not sure anyone has done it, at least not that i have seen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts