Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks alot guys. thats what i need to hear.im the kind of guy that can loose sleep if i dont have all my ducks in a row.thanks for the encouragement.ive also considered the ranger underdrive.but due to the fact my rear driveshaft is already steeper than i prefer,i would have to shorten something else in my drivetrain to compensate for the extra 7.5 inches the ranger underdrive adds.
thanks again.
p.s. any turbo suggestions? twins? hy35/hx50, hx30/hx40,hx50/bht3b(jk)
single hy35 or hx35 ??

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
As far as the twins ,I have a few buddy's at the Cummins test plant that are using the HY35 and the HX50 ,they have said it works great on the 4bt.I will try to get some facts on paper to show the dyno pulls .

By the way ,the ride looks good!!!

Thanks
CrewCab59

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
good info crewcab 59.both of those turbos you mentioned are on e bay right now. also an hx30. im going to keep my eye on them. thanks.
oh yea,i just came in from the garage after finding out the flywheel i was planning on mating the engine/trans with is about an inch too big in diameter.very frustraiting for me. i dont really know what the heck im doing. im going to check the other threads for info. i feel as if sometimes im taking steps backwards on this project.thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ok,figured it out last night.i should have already known this. of coarse i need the chevy/cummins flywheel. not the dodge/cummins flywheel. thanks for bareing with me guys.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i guess I'm late to the party. But i have a 1972 Bronco with a 4BT IN IT. mINE HAS 16'' TIRES 285R16s.
I drive mine about 55MPH .. most of the time . I have 3:55's rear axles . & I Have a NP435 trans .about the same as your SM465 ...
... your vehicle might handle better than mine But 55 is all I want..
... Now most of my driving is in pasture checking cows & Pig hunting . Low range in 4x4 & in 2nd & 3rd gear is my favorite drive...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts