Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first what is a cummins 4bt???? Anyway I am thinking about putting a cummins in the yj and I am wondering how big of a job I am looking at? I am mechanically inclined but have never done a motor swap or even pulled a motor so I am trying to figure out just how much work and money is involved. Any advice would be greatful. Thanks.

Oh yeah also thinking about putting a cummins in the f250 think that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Welcome :D

Well where should we start!

The Cummins 4bt is just like the Cummins in a Dodge truck 89-98 , just take off two cylinders.

4 = cylinders
B = series
T = turbo
A = aftercooler ( air to air or water )

The 4 bt fits nice in a jeep as a 6bt fits nice in a Ford.

It's not hard but you need to do your research to find if it's right for you .
Time,money and the end what are you needs?

The questions you just asked are here take a look around in the build up section and also the 6B section .There are few of Knox guy's around here .

If you need more info ,Just ask and I also do Cummins conversion !

CrewCab59

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I was thinking as far as getting it into the jeep all I need to really do is get my motor tranny and transfer case and figure out where I want it and have someone weld me up someone weld me up some mounts (damn I need to learn to weld) that would really be the hardest for, I am pretty good at wiring so I could wire it all up. I just think it would be too cool to have a diesel in a jeep, it is mainly going to be my trail rig or going to the mountains on the weekend rig. And putting one in my ford, well that would just be cool I think to put a cummmins in it, it would be different besides I think the cummins is a stronger motor than the powerstroke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts