Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
3,907 Posts
If you want an electronic boost control, of sorts, for development, you may want to check out this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en-Bi-RxiRY

In one of his other videos he shows it in use and how it worked.

Not fancy, but it would allow you to develop each point in the curve, inexpensively.

No, I don't get anything for mentioning this, and there are probably others out there doing similar things, but this video was handy. :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
We just did a manual in cab set up for a 8.3 started with a lighter AFC spring then routed a line from manifold pressure into cab and put a small regulator and a needle valve in the circuit with a line back to the AFC.
This seems to work well but I'm thinking a small vent ~ .012" down stream from the needle valve might make it better.
we used MPR1-2 http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Valves/AirFilters-Regulators/SeriesMPR
www.homedepot.com/p/Palmer-Instrume...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CK3Cka2BudsCFQwVYgod2noAGg

Reactions: Atg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the ideas.

I think i am going with the cortex. It does boost by gear. I will use one of the pwm outputs to regulate the Alda pressure signal by gear for traction control. Most of the 606 super pump setups have traction problems until about 60mph in 3rd gear, so I will just cut the fueling using the Alda signal, throttle position and boost pressure to suit whatever tires I end up running.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not much to see really. I am using air to water with laminova cores in the intake and a Tesla model s radiator with a pierburg pwm pump. Not set up yet. But the little Tesla radiator fits well under my bumper. That's why I chose it. I should run a heat rejection number on it and see if the fin area is realistic. I think we came up with 80kw or similar.

Thought I would share the intercooling radiator I chose, just so everyone can tell me why it won't work:

https://youtu.be/kjTc9UYTlFk
Can you summarise so I can read it in a lot less than 7 minutes?

·
Super Moderator
9,198 Posts
Not much to see really. I am using air to water with laminova cores in the intake and a Tesla model s radiator with a pierburg pwm pump. Not set up yet. But the little Tesla radiator fits well under my bumper. That's why I chose it. I should run a heat rejection number on it and see if the fin area is realistic. I think we came up with 80kw or similar.
So no room to run inter-stage intercooling?

Lots of people started using Laminova cores, but not many finished. The jobs get quite intense.

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Sort or curious, is this a totally sealed system or is there an expansion tank somewhere in the coolant route? About the only water/air units we see in the pickup trucks is on the Ford's new 6.7. That one is a pretty complex system with a massive 3 row radiator that's something over 4 feet wide.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am pretty handy with welding aluminum. And I have machinist friends and can generate CAD files when needed. End fittings from macinness. So I dont have any excuses apart from milling off my existing manifold (no mill. Maybe table saw).

I will have an expansion tank.

I will do interstage but not sure whether to run two pumps/loops or one. Need to move the air cleaner and the radiator expansion tank.

Ford used radiator to cool both the motor and charge air I believe. Not very efficient.

So no room to run inter-stage intercooling?

Lots of people started using Laminova cores, but not many finished. The jobs get quite intense.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.