Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a minimum 60 GPH fuel filter/water seperator with heater.
Does anybody have one left over from a swap or know where I can pick one up for a reasonable price?
An OEM from a 6.2 or 6.5 GM diesel would work as well as many others.
actually just a working heater for GM 6.5 would do me. I have a filter housing with a bad heater. A new GM filter housing complete with heater is $180 a replacement heater is $135. Somebody told me they picked up a Racor unit which is better than GM's OEM unit for $100. I've been searching but zi haven't found anything yet.
Posts, Links, PM's or emails are all appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use a stanadyne FM-100 in my mercedes- it is the same filter GM uses in thier late 90's vans.

got 2 filters,filter head and heater for about $75, shipped.

rated to 100gph, I think.

get one here...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Icouldn't find any at the link with fuel heaters. Do you have a part number for the item you bought? Do you think you could find your receipt? If you could email it to me that should give me all the info I need.
Thank you, Thank you very much

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's All the options for this unit. I used the top load heater, PN 31341. if you want to use one of the electric pumps, you may need the side load heater. the lower wattage heater has a higher temp. cutoff.

There are many, many different size/mic rated filters available, along w/ many options. cruise their website a little.

I also suggest giving them a call, very nice folks....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only problem with calling anybody is that I'm never around at times when people can be called. I hate having to work for a living. Is it possible to sue your parents cause you weren't born rich?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My only problem with calling anybody is that I'm never around at times when people can be called. I hate having to work for a living. Is it possible to sue your parents cause you weren't born rich?
I'm not sure if there is prior precedence for a suit of that type.

I would however keep one eye open when you sleep. Perhaps your parents (who obviously don’t have any money) find you a financial drain and are making plans to have the Mexican mafia swoop you up and dump you into the black market just to catch up the power bills… :grinpimp:

Just kidding jrsavoie, I hear you, I grew up fairly broke too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if there is prior precedence for a suit of that type.

I would however keep one eye open when you sleep. Perhaps your parents (who obviously don’t have any money) find you a financial drain and are making plans to have the Mexican mafia swoop you up and dump you into the black market just to catch up the power bills… :grinpimp:

Just kidding jrsavoie, I hear you, I grew up fairly broke too.
Dang the bad luck,

Actually I travel by the week and don't have time for phone calls til after hours or the weekends. I find my kids are a financial whirlpool. - That would be bigger than your avaerage drain wouldn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts