Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I am looking at picking up a frito lay step van from dovebid in the next day or so and I was wondering if there was any way to tell by year 1985 or 1987 which one would have a inline pump/rotary. Inline is better for performance correct? This 4bt will be going in a early bronco.

Here is the link to the page, click on description once, then scroll all the way down to where you see the list of p30s in lavist, nebraska. Maybe you guys can give me a hand on choosing which one is best for me to bid on. ps what should i expect to pay for one of these?
thanks calihan

http://www.dovebid.com/browse.asp?UserName=TRAN0309

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
You first need to use the contact information listed in the auction and speak to that person with your inquiry and set up an appointment. You then need to take a ride and take a look at the vans to determine the condition BEFORE you start bidding. This is the only way to know what you are bidding on. There have been listing errors in the past. The contact information is useful but getting in contact can sometimes require a concerted effort. Prices can range from $1000 through the low $3000 range and varies due to location, condition, and if you are bidding against an individual or a recycling corporation.

·
Registered
854 Posts
any way to tell by year 1985 or 1987 which one would have a inline pump/rotary. Inline is better for performance correct?
Don't get hung up on finding one with an inline pump. The VE rotary pump can move enough fuel to completely destroy your engine if you are right-foot-heavy, and you like to "turn screws". You can get a LOT of practical power from your engine when equipped with the VE rotary pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts