Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a source for quality manual trans parts? I ask this because there are so many poor quality parts of all types out there anymore. I rebuilt a T5 trans for another project (Not 4bt) and the parts were non USA and not very good. I ended up useing a lot of used parts on it with new bearings from a bearing house that were much better than the ones in the kit. Thanks for any help.

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
For Eaton ,Fuller, and Roadranger parts (the real thing, not imitations) I go to:
Central Truck and Trailer Parts in MD 301-797-1995

What kind of transmission are you working on?

Grigg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For Eaton ,Fuller, and Roadranger parts I go to:
Central Truck and Trailer Parts in MD 301-797-1995

What kind of transmission are you working on?

Grigg
Right now I have two M5R2s to do. One of them was recently rebuilt by a large well known rebuilder that I will leave nameless right now. They didn't even replace the 3 rubber plugs in the top plate and they leaked all the oil out like they all do unless you replace them with the metal cups. It's just out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I buy my parts from several different wholesalers. I do not use any bearings that don't have reputable names or if they say china/india on them. I've had to figure out through trial and error which outfits sell good parts for which transmissions.

Natpro is the best source for real high quality M5R2 parts. Their bearing kits are real nice and synchros are top notch. Thier aisin and mitsubishi stuff sucks though. They're not a retail outfit, but you can probably find a distributor near you or one that will ship by calling them. I can sell the parts as well (pm me).

Good used oem is 10 times better than any hard part from china/india.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for responding average 250, I know your in the business and would know. Also would like to thank the others who replied. Boy I really agree about the China/India parts, they really suck. I have to use them at work every day so I know how bad they are. I'm a mechanic for the US Post Office on the neighborhood delivery trucks known as LLVs. You would think that the U.S. Gov. would not use Communist :nuke: parts on their equipment but that and Mexican parts are about 95% of what we use. It's a wounder anyone gets their mail!!! I know U.S. Customs has started confiscating some big truck brake parts that were deemed unsafe. I suspect the Post Office will buy them and put them on their trucks.LOL:rasta: I may send you a PM when I know what I need. Bad parts are part of the reason that I am doing my 4bt conversion to a old IHC. the few repo parts that are made for them are made here in the U.S. The problem is there are very few of them. I'm finding some good used parts and E-bay has been a big help with NOS parts. It's been interesting.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts