Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase an NV4500 from a 1995 Dodge 2500 4X4; without the AA catalog I can't determine if this transmission is the correct year for useing the "plate" adapter from AA. The plate adapter would mate the SM465 Bellhousing to the NV4500.
If anyone has the AA NV4500 Book available can you tell me if this transmission will work.
Thanks a lot

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
The adapter plate is used with the STANDARD DUTY NV4500 Dodge trans.
P/N 712550 is a Dodge standard duty NV4500 to GM with 5.125" Dia index hole bellhousing. This index dia is designed for an 11" clutch assy. The Dodge trans for this plate has in input shaft stick out of aprox 7-1/2"

Need more? excuse my shorthand!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
The input splines on the std duty are 1-1/8"x10 spline, tip dia is .750" output shaft is 23 splines. Frt bearing index is 5.60", rear adapter hsg is 6-1/4" long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I had the transmission in front of me but I don't. I've given the seller the part number and input shaft length so maybe he can determine the correct transmission. I hope
If there is a year cross reference that would help too.
Thanks a lot

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
According to the AA book:
NV part number 18187
Dodge Assy code 53006845
Dodge code DE
Used behind 5.2 & 5.9l V8 engines 1994-1996

This would be found on the tag if it is still intact. Good luck & glad to have been of help.

Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to the guy; said he would give me the bellhousing to so I should be good for fitting the HD transmission.
Thanks for the info

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
the NV4500 varies on what engine came out of it originally. If it was a V8 it is a standard duty 23 spline output, if a V10 or Cummins it is a HD, it is a 29 spline rear output. AA makes adapters for both so the big question is on the T case end and what option you want to run there and if adapters are available...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the NV4500 varies on what engine came out of it originally. If it was a V8 it is a standard duty 23 spline output, if a V10 or Cummins it is a HD, it is a 29 spline rear output. AA makes adapters for both so the big question is on the T case end and what option you want to run there and if adapters are available...

Thats going to be the next task on the list; I want to run my stock split case and AA should be able to provide me with the correct adapter($$$ FOR SURE).The NV4500 came out of a 1995 Cummins 6BT so it is HD.
Andre, since your running a Dodge bellhousing; in your opinion do you think I will have any problems installing a saginaw PS system without interference from the motor? This will be on an FJ40.
Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts