Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this great guy off the net that I bought a new 4BT from. Months of searching for the right unit is over. I got a complete unit fuel pump, turbo and everything with cummins warranty. The company name is RJ Performance. Sounds like they have quite a few.

Good luck everyone and thanks for all the great posts helping me with my project.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Looks like they have locations all over hte country too...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think I saw these on Ebay. I'm hesitant to believe it's more than just a long block - no turbo/injector pump.

note where it says

"These OE Long Block Engines are complete with Valve Covers, Heads, Block, Oil Pan and front gear cover. These 4BT and 4BT engines will replace any 1984 through 1999.5 engines in industrial manual injection applications"

Please let us know if this came with the injection pump/turbo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are a lot of questions about the blocks RJ Performance is selling, especially the country of origin on thedieselpage.com. They are selling "brand new" AMG 6.5L diesel blocks and honestly (my understanding) no one but the government can get a hold of those. If your a member of thedieselpage.com forums you can read all about it. Honestly RJ Performance sounds too good to be true.

Only repeating what I'm reading there, but I tend to believe the people who are saying/questioning this.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not here!?

I thought I had found a forum without the snakes and spammers.... I'll hang out here anyways, I think that's the exception not the rule. :rasta:

·
Registered
65 Posts
You my friend SUCK!!!
Went to the RJ Performance Sacramento link...clicked over to contacts and what do I read Ta DA!!!!!!

General Manager: Jonathon Campbell...The one post wonder!!!!

Ditto on snakes...#uking Duche Bags!! Stuff like that REALLY gets my blood up!!
I've learned a ton from this site and this is one more lesson (god, I sound like such an internet virgin). I'm sure there are lots of eager folks looking to get a 4BT and then someone puts up a post as a pretender with a commercial agenda. John, you want to sell? Pay the man as a vendor and have at it. I LOATH back door $#it!!!
Sorry guys...maybe i went too far with this but at least there is no mistaking my feelings for P.C.
Doug Bradford

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You my friend SUCK!!!
Went to the RJ Performance Sacramento link...clicked over to contacts and what do I read Ta DA!!!!!!

General Manager: Jonathon Campbell...The one post wonder!!!!

Ditto on snakes...#uking Duche Bags!! Stuff like that REALLY gets my blood up!!
I've learned a ton from this site and this is one more lesson (god, I sound like such an internet virgin). I'm sure there are lots of eager folks looking to get a 4BT and then someone puts up a post as a pretender with a commercial agenda. John, you want to sell? Pay the man as a vendor and have at it. I LOATH back door $#it!!!
Sorry guys...maybe i went too far with this but at least there is no mistaking my feelings for P.C.
Doug Bradford
Ditto, ditto, ditto! It's a crapshoot anyways, buying off the net, and stuff like this is why.

I would never deal with a company like RJ Performance when their representatives make it clear that business ethics, morals and common decency are far less important than making a buck. What we see in the first post is outright fraud and misrepresentation. Must give a guy a real warm fuzzy feeling to know that you're willing to be a liar and a fraud to make a living.
JimD

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ok, i take back everything i said that was decent, this guy's a liar and a fraud, screw that!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Keep this thread up

The Better business bureau needs to see this . Plus we now got a questionable ethics thread.
How about everyone phoning that number and finding out if the engines come with turbos and injection pumps ? Do not forget to ask about the source of the engines too . A complaint to the appropriate place would not hurt either if they are practicing fraud or selling fake parts .
By the same standpoint if these are fully equiped Cummins engines then we need to know . I would love to know the source of the first post . For all we know the guys name may have been used by someone else. It is odd that an unethical poster would use his real name .

I want more,

BAM

Jonathon C show us your 4bt project .

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
All someone needs to do is email this guy and see how much of an "impact" he had.. LOL..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think one of the admins should contact this guy at his personal email (since he's blocked his from users). Even just check what his email address is to see if it matches the one on the company website. Then tell him about the red star members and all. If he wants to advertise that's fine as long as he pays for it. Also it seems that there are several questions about these "new" engines he has available.

This is a really good forum and I'd personally like to keep it that way.

Plus it would be really cool if we had someone on here with an inside line on engines and parts that we could maybe get member pricing on :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is odd that an unethical poster would use his real name .
:idea: I'd be glad to loan this goof my screen name fer a day.
Nuttin' I hate worse then a "Amateur Spamist" LOL :happyfinger:

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I'll do that, email him and see if he can actually offer some insight on their pricing availability... Would suck to piss on this guy if he does have some good things to offer...

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Guys I did actually send an email to the guy and it is him. He was very apologetic and said he felt sort of like an idiot.. I'll post the email he sent. That said he forwarded along some photos of the long blocks he has (4BT, ISB 3.9 <-- that I was looking for forever...). If he does decide to come back, it would be great to see if we can possibly welcome to the community and a possible vendor. Everyone makes mistakes...

:beer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts