Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Pete and I searched for a while here for references to answer my question. I am tearing apart an ISB 170 that came out of a bread truck. I had it torn all the way to the block and all that remained was the crankshaft, camshaft and pistons, or so I thought. I was lifting it back to to put it on the engine stand and I had a strap break. When the block fell and hit the ground a bunch of small ball bearing came out on the floor. I have no idea where they came from except out of the top of the block. I am planning a full rebuild and I am hoping I haven't screwed this up for good. Thanks

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
If you have the engine serial number, you can go to Cummins Quick Serve on line and see every part of your engine. Not sure where those balls you mention would have come from. Don't remember any ball bearings on these engines.

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
If you have the engine serial number, you can go to Cummins Quick Serve on line and see every part of your engine. Not sure where those balls you mention would have come from. Don't remember any ball bearings on these engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts