Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is for the 4 cylinders how I have one of the 6 cylinder turbo diesels from Isuzu. I believe it's early 90s probably late 80s. It came off a big generator and I'm seeking information on mating a 4m65 chevy 4 speed manual transmission. Building my work truck with Isuzu for so many reasons and another is the bragging right for being different than my Cummins peers that are super typical around here in La Grande Oregon.

Thanks in advance to my fellow Tinkerers.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
It's probably a 6BD1T. Too much torque for the 4M65. Should be SAE #3 bellhousing and easy to bolt bigger transmissions to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Might also look into an NV4500. I believe there are sae bellhousings. And they are easier to adapt in smaller vehicles, and have OD. Most of the spicers will be 1:1 5th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might also look into an NV4500. I believe there are sae bellhousings. And they are easier to adapt in smaller vehicles, and have OD. Most of the spicers will be 1:1 5th.
Spicer 3053A in particular have an 0.85 ratio 5th and could be found on M35 2.5 ton military trucks, though finding a smaller tranny for a six with a SAE 3 bellhousing is thin and might need some work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Spicer 3053A in particular have an 0.85 ratio 5th and could be found on M35 2.5 ton military trucks, though finding a smaller tranny for a six with a SAE 3 bellhousing is thin and might need some work.
.73 on the nv4500 will be better for highway. And it’s used stock behind 5.9’s. Would be fine. The od spicers are less plentiful than the 1:1 ones. I think overall the nv4500 would be easier to sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts