Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here. I don't know if this has been addressed before I couldn't find anything on it but I have a F3L912 and I'm trying to figure out how to turn the pump up. I'm turboing the engine and would like for it to blow a little smoke.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome to 4btswaps. I do not believe that the F3L912 was ever turbocharged from the factory. I know the BF3L914 was, but that engine has a different bore/stroke. I hope that you are aware that the naturally aspirated and turbocharged Deutz 912 engines had different oil pumps, rods (larger wrist pins), pistons, and the automotive engines; F5L912/BF6L513C's, etc, had forged steel crankshafts with removable balance weights. I would be a little hesitant to turbocharge a natural F3L912, but if you do, I would look into what is used on the similar BF3L914. I'd compare EGT's and oil temperature with an accurate pyrometer/temperature gauge pre and post turbocharging, and tune the injection pump by ear to what temperature ranges Deutz recommends. I wish I knew more, I was looking into swapping a Deutz into a light truck for some time but never got around to it.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris but I'm trying to figure out how to turn the injector pump up I don't know if they have a fuel plate like a cummins just trying to squeeze some more fuel into the cylinders

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it's like my pump. There is a cap on the back of the pump. Remove the two bolts and turn back the jam nut off. Screw the bolt in and reassemble in reverse order. This increases rack travel. Turn it in a little at a time til the rpms start to hang after a Rev then back out a little bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts