Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is my first time posting on this site. i do not yet have a 4bt or a project vehicle. i am a diesel nut and between me and my fatrher we have 4 diesel trucks, but they are all heavy duties. so my point is that i am wanting to build a truck to get 30+mpg's and being a cummins fan i think the 4bt is the answer but i am wondering what would be the easiest vehicle to do a swap with little fabrication between a 88-98 1500 chevy, pre88 1500 and if so would a 4wd be easier since it might would have more clearance? and also i do have a 93 S10 blazer that has a 4.3 going bad if that is feisable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in the process of installing a 4bt in my 1994 K1500. Actually i just did a test fit today to see how things line up. Tight fit but wasnt all that bad. I have some pics but i havent had time to post them anywhere yet. Hopefully in the next couple days i hope to get them up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put one in my 82 chevy 4x4, lots of room. It might fit with the truck stock height if you kept the 1/2 ton front axle. A 4" lift would give ya plenty of room. What ever you do, I would deff. put it in something 4 wheel drive.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well like i said i have a 93 s10 that could be a project truck but in a lil s10 i don't think it would fit right in but there is a few 80's model k5 blazers that are comeing up on an auction but also a couple of 88and newer 2wd 1500's as well. will they fit in those with/out the extensive use of a cutting torch?? and also is it easy to find the engines on this site? on ebay they are expensive.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea, it would fit in a 2wd pickup, but I think the K5 blazer would be the way to go!!!:idea:

Not that I'm byest or anything!:dustin:

·
Registered
228 Posts
The best way is to go to Dove Bid and buy the vans directly from the auction.

·
Registered
31 Posts
S-10 Cummins

I recently read in Diesel Power about a 5.9 in an S-10. Don't ask me how. They must have had a pretty big pry bar or something. The 3.9 will fit. I've also seen the 3.9 in a Ranger. It was a tight fit. I saw it at a TS show a few years back. I talked to the guy and he said he got a lot of info from this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts