Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is Jon. Im a long time lurker in this forum and I am seriously considering doing the swap into a ford pickup a 89 f150 to be exact. It is a 4spd t19, 2wd with a 300 inline six. Do any of you live in the midwest area, specificaly in illinois or wisconsin or the surounding area. Im on a college student budget and could use all the help i can get. Does anyone have any spare motors laying around, or know of a place i can get one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm from the Midwest(Iowa) and can help you locate anything you want or need for your project, have access to New, Recon and used engines as well as anything available from Cummins.....have a fair amount of used parts laying around, that would be very reasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would help a lot. I live about an hour east of the quad cities right off 88.
What does a used motor go for approximantly? I have a lot of the things i will need but the motor and an adapter to bolt to a ford transmission. I apreciate any help you can give me. I have built a few gas motors, but i am new to diesels.

·
Registered
854 Posts
What does a used motor go for approximantly?
It depends....I gave up on trying to find a complete bread van and bought and engine and trans (NP435) for $1750 and bolted it right up to the trans in my truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts