Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Newbie converting 1600 DP custom trike to 1900 DP

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fte 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this group and to diesel ownership and operation. I bought a 2006 Jetta TDI this past winter and have come to really appreciate the diesel engine. So much so that I am in the process of swapping out my 1600 DP on my custom trike to a 1900 TD.
Finding information about the 1900 TD has been challenging for me so far, and I am hoping that this forum will be a good source of info. Has anyone here done a similar swap, mating a Type 1 Beetle transaxle to a 1900 DP? In a trike or buggy?
Any information that you might share with me will be greatly appreciated. I am the type of guy that can do about anything once I understand the task. Some of the specific stuff that comes to mind is, what electrical connections are needed to make it run and charge, what are the cooling requirements, and what stuff can I get rid of? The 1900 TD is an AAZ model from germany that I bought from Quality German in Cali. I have the DP engine out already and just got the used 1900 yesterday.
I will have a look through the threads in the forum and see what I can gleam also.
Thank you very much!
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.