Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on these diesels

im looking at installing some kind of four banger diesel into a 63 wagoneer.
i have a few 8.3s in my tractors, how are these 4bt related if at all?

were can i find all the specs on these engines and more importantly, where do i find one for sale?

looks like you folks know and enjoy what your doing! i also like to see all the jeeps here, i also have quite the collection, with the wagoneer wanting the diesel sitting on 3/4 ton fc-170 axles. the rest of the drivetrain is stock. poor old girl is quite original and in pretty good shape. if i can find myself a motor ill post some pics when i grenade the gutless 230 tornado.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops! should have checked the sticky! man you folks have quite the library!

ill be filling in my profile now....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Checkout the dovebid auction for possible donors. There listed in another post on this forum. Lots available this time. Also a few on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
they are about 105 hp. They are 4 cyl but are nearly 4.0 (they are 3.9) so nearly a liter per cyl. aka huge, but not as big as the Dodges. They are the B series engine, aka the 6BT in Dodges, but minus two cyls. This makes them deep. Aka you will probably need significant lift to run one. I haven't seen one in a wagoneer yet. But anything's possible... They make significant torque, you will probably need to beef up your drivetrain I figure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts