Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out if the washer spring mod to the P7100 governor springs could cause a rough running condition. My engine has a range were it just does not seem to pull smoothly. I dont have a tach, but it is close to the 2000RPM mark. It does not pull real hard and just seems to be a little rough.

I also noticed to today when reving at full throttle running down the road on up past 2500RPM it seems to have a bit of fuel surge or something. I was getting brown haze with periodic puffs of black smoke....weird, huh?

I am thinking that shimming the governor springs just keeps things from fueling smoothly. Anyone had this issue? Engine is a 6BT.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd say pull the washers out, restore it to stock, and see if it goes away. If it does, invest in a real GSK.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say pull the washers out, restore it to stock, and see if it goes away. If it does, invest in a real GSK.
Think I am going to do that. With OD I really dont need the higher RPM now. However, it just responds better all together, so I will have to get the GSK to be happy in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts