Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a question that I have searched for answers but cannot find. The question is, will a dodge NV3500 trans out of a 2nd gen 1500 (wide ratio) bolt up to the flywheel housing for the NV4500? I know that the input shaft is smaller so the clutch isn't compatible, but as far as mating them together, any input? Also what flywheel could be used? If it makes a difference im running a 4BTA with a 7100 P Pump. Thanks for any and all input. Ive gotten a lot of soild answers and info from everybody on here so far, hoping to keep that trend going.

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
Not sure about the bolt pattern. Of course the bell housing wouldn't be right. You'd have to have the NV4500 bell housing. One issue you must consider is a 4bt will probably destroy the NV3500. That transmission was not designed for diesels and has had a poor survival rate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ive been out of the game for a while, but jumping back in. I have researched this topic some more, and have found a few members that have mated the NV3500 to a 4BT with no issues. I tried contacting them through the site directly, but Im guessing that there accounts have been deactivated since the message wont send. Hoping to revive this thread. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So ive been out of the game for a while, but jumping back in. I have researched this topic some more, and have found a few members that have mated the NV3500 to a 4BT with no issues. I tried contacting them through the site directly, but Im guessing that there accounts have been deactivated since the message wont send. Hoping to revive this thread. Thanks again.
did you have any luck? I'm looking for this info now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I have a question that I have searched for answers but cannot find. The question is, will a dodge NV3500 trans out of a 2nd gen 1500 (wide ratio) bolt up to the flywheel housing for the NV4500? I know that the input shaft is smaller so the clutch isn't compatible, but as far as mating them together, any input? Also what flywheel could be used? If it makes a difference im running a 4BTA with a 7100 P Pump. Thanks for any and all input. Ive gotten a lot of soild answers and info from everybody on here so far, hoping to keep that trend going.
the nv3500 bellhousing is part of the trans. (not removable)...612-309-3999

1 - 5 of 5 Posts