Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought an old frito lay van and was gonna throw the 4bt in my Scrambler...
The 4bt runs strong and when i was driving it back home the odometer rolled to 100,000 miles on the way home , i was just wondering when the 4bt conversions were done on the vans did they roll the odometer back to zero or did they leave them alone? btw it had room for 100,000 , not just 99,000 then roll back to zero.
I was just wondering if my motor had a lot of miles on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My chip truck had a stick saying the odometer was replaced. It was right above the drivers window. There was also a sticker stating when the truck was rebuilt and the diesel installed. Both were done at the same time.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
My chip truck had a stick saying the odometer was replaced. It was right above the drivers window. There was also a sticker stating when the truck was rebuilt and the diesel installed. Both were done at the same time.
The speedometers were reset to 000000 miles when the 4BT's were installed and the stickers were posted above the side window along with the phone number and name of the assigned fleet mechanic.

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my van it was claimed to be low mileage :tongue: , however it was obvious that the entire instrument cluster was replaced :puke: . Also then engine had a coat of dirt and oil that a low mileage engine would not have. When I did a carfax report on it later on I found out that the last reported mileage was signifently higher. It is an '86 and in '91 it had 52k. So by that I reccon it got 10k a year, so when I bought it in 06 it should have 200k on the entire van.
So in the end take this as another example to not believe dovebid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts