Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4bt in a 2010 JK and oil changes are probably 2-3 times longer than the avg. vehicle just because it's so hard to get to. In fact, I trimmed the inner fender well to get to the filter from over the tire. And now I've decided to remotely locate the oil filter, but have no experience with the few I've found and was hoping some of you guys might have tried some of these and could recommend a good one.

For the following, I'm not clear on what parts are needed as I haven't been able to put together a complete parts list yet. Any help appreciated. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links so I've listed descriptions.

The PACBRAKE seems to crop up a lot.
PacBrake 3.9/5.9L Cummins Diesel Universal remote Oil filter relocation kit

The AMSOIL's are interesting, but I'm not clear on their filter service intervals of 2 years and I think these are incomplete as well.
AMSOIL's Bypass filters and mounting systems. I'm guessing their universal single remote bypass BMK21?

Then there's the Destroked kits, and they look very different than the other stuff. I'm guessing this is what mounts on the engine block?
12 & 24 Valve Remote oil Filter kit listed on destroked.com

And there's one in this forum that was just too much to follow in 3 phases and although it should be an internal link, I was unable to post it.

Perma-Cool Oil Fitler Relocation Kit 10756 listed on summitracing.com.

Can anyone simplify this and recommend? Also, any recommendations on where best to locate these?

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Here's the link to the one I did. If you just plan to run a single filter, there are only 2 main parts, the block plate and filter head. The rest will be hoses, fittings, gaskets, and filter. Cummins used this setup on 4bt industrial engines. Cost kind of depends on what grade of fittings you get and how well you shop. All the fittings, bolts, etc that I listed would be considered premium grade. Wasn't a budget project. The hoses and fittings I showed may have been darn near as much as the other parts. https://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?90417-Remote-Oil-Filter&highlight=remote+oil+filter

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
It's one of those situations where you sort of get what you pay for. Heck, some of those fittings I showed were over $40 each and seems like the hose was near $20/ft. Like I said, that wasn't a budget project. Even the bolts were quite expensive. Those were ARP flange head stainless. About $60 for the set.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheesh, maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I picked the first phase set of parts on cummins.com but haven't found a way to order them yet. Is this the right site or should I be using these parts #'s elsewhere's?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just read through Chars link on remote filter & mount ! All I can say is beautiful & well discribed ! Thanks! Now for (Tzuriel)
Do you want only a remote mount?, or remote & bypass either way, Amsoil can supply , do the most filtration you can! _Go to (Goodoil 4u.com) then Coperate web site - \ Bypass Remote filters, look at specifications , capacities etc ! Look at oils, 4 ball wear test , notice the superiority, scroll down to -
Universal Dual Remote Bypass System $316.45 !! You will notice in the picture the hoses go from the filters to ---> the cap that goes where your filter used to mount , just select the correct thread adaptor! All necessary hardware comes with the kit. No need to modify, or build special brackets, in most cases unless you do as I did ! I did this for , the original filter was to small, & hard to get at & I also wanted the Bypass because of its better filtration, so I built a special mounting bracket, & it ifs not square. & you are not supposed to mount to the engine Notice the petcock in the first 2 pic's, for the oil Annalise's program ,if you sign up for it !
IMG_5873.jpg , IMG_5874.jpg ,
IMG_5875.jpg , this setup =8qt, originally had 6.
IMG_5877.jpg ,
IMG_5878.jpg , I have mounted single remote,& single bypass, & remote + Bypass as
IMG_5876.jpg , seen on my truck !
IMG_5881.jpg , notice the quality, capacity, longevity The smaller the wear scar the
IMG_5889.jpg , better the protection!
IMG_0404.jpg , tried several ways to make the photo stand up

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Tzuriel, you are probably better off buying the parts somewhere other than Cummins. You can find the block plates on ebay in the $50-60 range. They may or may no have the pressure regulator parts. Those parts I bought from Coleman Equipment Co whose prices were a few dollars cheaper than Cummins. Here's a link for a complete unit on ebay for $45.78 shipped. For the filter head do a search on the net. I found those priced all over the board from super expensive to very cheap. You can reuse all your old bolts except for 1 which is longer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Cover-...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851 There's even a complete used kit on ebay that has the OEM Cummins parts. Here a link on that one. His shipping cost is kind of absurd. Those part would fit in a priority mail box. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUMMINS-39...477615&hash=item3f9c8aaf8b:g:LJQAAOSwUXBa9yLY

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Baldwin FB1307 takes a B262 filter ( 1-12 thread) has a built in 30 PSI bypass. In and out ports are 1"NPT Better filter would be a B9601

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FCM2554 Aeroquip 10AN O ring to 12AN 37 deg Male/Male Coupler (Blue) 2 req
Of all the parts in that first step of Char1335's post on relocation, this is the one I've been unable to locate. Any thoughts on where one might find this item?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had that same problem when I did mine, I think it was just a typo for the part number.
If I'm reading my invoice correctly, FBM5954 was the one i found that matches the description and fits.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Guys, that's called putting your finger on the wrong button. LOL. I proofed that posting about a dozen times but missed that. I believe you'll find the number should be FCM2954. Also found as FBM2954. That's for the blue color. Verasule, FCM5954 is the same part in black. Also found listed as FBM5954. Not all that positive, but the difference in the B and C may be packaging. One is bulk packed and one a blister package. Just a guess there mind you. The FBM parts seem to be a heck of a lot cheaper. Same part, just in a plastic bag instead of a fancy printed box like the one I have.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just one more in Phase Two A. Found the part number on Amazon, but the description seemed wrong. Any thoughts where this might be found?

FCM2965 Aeroquip 12AN O Ring to 12AN 37 deg Male/Male Fitting (Blue) 2 req

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Looks like my screw ball typing at work again. I believe that should have been FCM2955. Also found as FBM2955. If you want black I believe the part # is FCM5955 or FBM5955. I need to double check my package. Could have been a smear on the part number. I'm awfully cautious about posting numbers and don't like making mistakes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Charlie don’t feel bad. When I did my relocation using your original post as a guide, I noticed some of the part numbers weren’t exactly correct (actually my NAPA parts man figured it out), but it was close enough I got er done. Your post saved me an incredible amount of headache!

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Wish you'd have told me and I would have corrected them sooner. I don't like giving out bad info. I've fixed those on that post. Must have been a bad day. I'm pretty much a number person and don't often make mistakes along those lines. Hope there weren't any other wrong ones in there.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
What are your referring to as oil pressure setup? Cummins shows the stock pressure with these parts as 65 PSI which is limited by the bypass valve in the filter head and regulator valve in the block plate. Is possible for the pressure to go a bit higher when cold. The Cummins oil filter I listed can operate around double the setting. The hose I spec'd is rated at 750-1000 PSI. Very overkill there.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was looking for the parts required to get a working oil gauge in place and figured it would be integrated into this new cooler plate somehow.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Oil pressure reading is normally on the other side of the engine block near the back. There are 2 ports on that side, one near the front below the injection pump and one toward the back. The front port is used to feed oil to the inline injection pumps, air compressor, or vacuum pump if so equipped. The one toward the rear is normally for the oil pressure gauge. The remote plate on the other side only has one outlet port which is used to feed the turbo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts