Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hook up my manual oil pressure guage. I am looking for oil pressure ports close to the back of the engine preferably on the driver side. Does anyone have a picture or diagram? There are several sensors in the sides of the block, but I dont' know what they're for.
I want to unscrew the low Oil pressure cuttoff sensor hose and plug the hole. Then use that hose to screw into another pressure port closer to the back of the engine so I can hook it up to my pressure guage hose. Yeah I Know it would be simpler just to buy a cheap electric guage, but I like the stock mechanical one on my chevy. All help appreciated

·
Registered
854 Posts
piece of cake..... there are several on the drivers side, some of the holes may have sensors, some may be plugged, but they are all 1/8NPT and are in a straight row. Just put your brass fitting in the one you need and plug the rest with 1/8NPT plugs. If you have the Dodge Cummins Vac/PS pump combo like I have, you need to leave the front one for the oil pressure to the vac pump, but the rest are free game.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
What Linc Tex said, and: one of those is located right in front and above a freeze plug looking thing on the block. There's also 2 cast lugs threaded lugs right there. That is a pressure port and still leaves the front one free for PS/Vac. That freeze plug actually feeds into the crankcase, not water jackets, and is used as an oil return on a bypass oiling system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts