Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pondering a swap into a '66 F100, which has a front-sump V8 that clears the crossmember by about 1/2". I want to keep the crank centreline the same (or close) and I'm concerned the MB engine will hit the crossmember. Can someone please give me the crank centreline to bottom of oil pan distance? Any helpful advice about this swap is welcome!
Thanks, Eric.

P

·
0 Posts
Check 4x4 labs site for oil pan info. They sell a pan to flip the sump to the opposite end to avoid hitting the diff on landcruisers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much, guys. I replied some weeks ago, but forgot to click "submit"... Looks like there's lots of room in there. Thanks again.
Eric

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! You're a mind-reader, H. I saw them mentioned on a Jeep-swap thread today and had a look. I really don't want the slushbox that's in the Benz and the 4:1 low T-19 I have now would be a good match. Trouble is, I have the FE motor and that is a SBF piece but I think I can work around that. Not much info on their site about what I have to have and what they provide. Do you know?

·
Registered
96 Posts
No 'fraid not I just had it bookmarked for future use.

It does say the T19 is one application, and to email them for application specifics, I'd give them a shout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts