Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yesterday I cut the aluminum sheet to make the bottom of the oil pan. Maybe ill get it bent up and tacked together today.

archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
oil pan

Progress is being made abet a little slowly.

Making the bungs, drilling and tapping 1/2 " pipe for the oil drain, turbo drain back and breather drain back.

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
a little progress has been made on the oil pan. I found someone to weld up the pan. We did this one evening and hopefully we will get it finished up this weekend.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The order from pellican parts and summit showed up this week and as usual I did not order one of the gaskets (i thought I had) and one of the fittings did not work. on the flywheel front the one I pulled out of the parts jeep was severely cracked, big enough to get my fingernail in. so i found a 6cyl flywheel and hopefully I can get it dropped off this weekend

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The Flywheel I found to replace the Cracked one came off of a 6cyl. it was in fairly good shape so I dropped it to have it surfaced before I took it to have it balanced. The donor car was dropped off at the scrap yard today. brought 108 dollars not much but something and it is out of my way.
I hope to get back on the oil pan tomorrow.

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
OK OK I tried to call you buy the way..... work has been getting in the way lol. the flywheel is getting balanced and the oil pan is welded. pictures to follow

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Oil pan finished

Welded up oil pan, wow a lot of time in this one almost 8 hours welding time not including fab work/time (the welder told me not to tell anyone who did this)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
oil pan went on this evening. not much else happening will have pics tomorrow

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Next up finishing the motor mounts. The list is still pretty long but one long day might help that a lot. maybe this weekend.

Happy Hunting
archie

·
Registered
245 Posts
Took my jeep on one of the longest trips it has been on since the conversion today.....It ran like a champ. Did good on fuel too. It kept up with traffic pretty well there were a few long hills that I could have used a little more oomph! I made it home with no problems. This might not be the coolest most powerful conversion but it is reliable and drivability is really good. You will love it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
you are such a tease. I need to talk to you about my billfold. (it did find its way home)

archie.

P.S. thank you for posting an excellent video

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It Showed up in my mailbox after I quit looking for it there LOL. It was found at the exit to Plank Road Commons in Altoona PA. It had been run over at least once. Apparently someone pulled the obvious money out of it and pitched it. The folded hundred (hide money, get me home money) was still there as were all the cards.

archie

41 - 60 of 86 Posts