Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a thread to list all the Isuzu B series engines.
I'll start.

4BA1 2.8L, 1981-1983
4BB1 3.6L, 1973-1979 ELF BE20
4BC1 3.3L, 1980-1982
4BC2, 3.3L 1982-1987 non turbo, direct injection, inline pump. Approx 74kw
4BD1, 3.9L, 1979-, non turbo, direct injection, inline pump. 66kW, 245Nm
4BD1T, 3.9L, 1980- turbo, direct injection, inline pump. Approx 100kw, 330Nm
4BD2T, 3.9L, turbo intercooled, indirect injection, inline pump.
4BE1, 3.6L, 1987- non turbo, direct injection, VE rotary pump.
4BG1, 4.3L, non turbo, direct injection, inline pump.
4BG1T, 4.3L, turbo, direct injection, inline pump.

6BB1, 5.4L, 1972-1976 non turbo, direct injection
6BD1, 5.7L, non turbo, direct injection
6BD1T, 5.7L, 1983- turbo, direct injection
6BG1T, 6.5L, 1984- turbo, direct injection

Most of these engines were available in truck/bus or industrial configurations.
Typically the industrial ones have higher mount turbos and are derated to lower power levels.
Marine versions are also available of several models.

·
Super Moderator
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you can buy chinese copies of all this stuff now.:grinpimp:

The power ratings shown for those are industrial, the automotive HP is significantly higher. You'll need to use explorer to open that website correctly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you can buy chinese copies of all this stuff now.:grinpimp:

The power ratings shown for those are industrial, the automotive HP is significantly higher. You'll need to use explorer to open that website correctly.
Chinese copies?!?! I saw a websight that offered up Isuzu and Cummins engines manufactured in China. I'm sure the quality is crap, but how would that work? I can't imagine it would be easy (or cheap) to get one imported. Anybody have any actual experience with it?

I cant imagine sending a couple thousand bucks overseas and then hoping an engine shows up, but the whole thing is curious...

·
Super Moderator
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chinese copies?!?! I saw a websight that offered up Isuzu and Cummins engines manufactured in China. I'm sure the quality is crap, but how would that work? I can't imagine it would be easy (or cheap) to get one imported. Anybody have any actual experience with it?

I cant imagine sending a couple thousand bucks overseas and then hoping an engine shows up, but the whole thing is curious...
I think I've had genuine Isuzu parts with made in china on them. In my experience the location of manufacture doesn't dictate the quality, the management of the manufacturing does.

I've heard lots of people talking about chinese engines, but noone who's actually bought one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts