Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about how a number of you have purchased P30 vans and stripped them down for the motor and sold the aluminum paneling, I got to wondering if you could build a car hauler trailer from the remaining frame and rear axle or even a modified front beam suspension.

I have not really had a chance to look at one of these up close.

Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't tried it yet but was looking into doing the same thing. From looking at the frame and body it seems like it would definitely work theres plenty of reinforcement in the floor. I was even looking into being able to use the existing brakes. But first projects going to be finishing the cummins swap. In the mean time it makes a good storage shed.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
if you built a different frame, and used a trailer axle I would think it would work. its quite high the way it is now, and it'd be hard to load most vehicles other than 4x4 over the wheelwell humps. my buddy keeps trying to get me to build one to sell, I just dont see the money in it, alot of work for no profit. post pics of what you come up with.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It'd probably be easier just to salvage the frame-rails and build a standard type trailer with the iron. Do you plan on building a tandem axle or a trailer like a cotton-wagon/toy wagon with an axle that steers in the front?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts