Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering who lives in the PNW with a 4bt swapped vehicle. I live in Portland and I am in process of putting a 4bta into my toyota landcruiser (fj80). I would like to get to know my 4bt crowd around here.....so post up. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Montesano Wa. 4bt Willys wagon project, 31 Ford streetrod, 53 Stude bracket car, NHRA stocker Camaro project. Harder to hit a moving target.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have a 78 crew cab dodge awaiting a 6bt and running gear out of my donor rig. just talked to another 6bt to crew cab swap guy in salem he has a web blog to see. just talk to the wife of a 6bt and 4bt guy here in hillsboro area. and while at the farm store in hillsboro my buddy points out a 78 suburban that drives right by us with a 4bt under the hood. wow. guess alot more folks than i thought like great mileage and torque and keeping it simple. i am in cornelius oregon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Near GP/medford

Nothing but an ol' breadvan with a 4BT that needs work..
Hopin' to put it in an 80, 60 or a 40 series landcruiser, preferrably the 80. Just have to wait and see how things go.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Trying to finish the Limo up with the 6bt. who has the LC on Craigslist with the 4bt in it?
I saw the blue one in McMinnville and don't know who owns that one, the white one was built by Villelobos...(?) That was his second one, I think he did a light blue one and 80's bronco before that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm in Spokane but I'll driving my 4bt powered scout down to Brooks, OR in July for a show.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pacific NW.

I live in Palouse WA. I am puting a 4bt in an early Bronco half cab. I have a nv 4500 behind it with a 241D transfer case with a JB short shaft kit. I am building a rear axle with superduty outers and a 9" center and Chevy calipers and a Detroit soft locker. The front axle is a dana 50 high pinion with an Arb locker and chevy calipers. This Bronco will be totally bastardized.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I go between lake tapps (auburn) and Pullman (WSU) so I am all over the place. But I'm 19 and so far my summer is wide open. if anybody needs someone to turn a wrench I would be willing. Me and my dad installed a lift kit so I am somewhat capable of wrenching. I am studying mechanical engineering and always looking to learn, now that I'm addicted to this site I want to learn about diesels. anybody on the east side i'll be over there in september. but anybody south of seattle i'm here all summer. just send a PM and I'll try to free my schedule. I'm always ready to go wheeling too if anybody has a good spot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in Newberg, got half dozen 4bt swaps under my belt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey bookilla,

where are you at with your project? I would like to come by and check it out?

let me know

clint
I'm not too far at all on the 4bta swap...we are just finishing with the build on the cruiser before the swap. I have put a full floating rear axle in, arb lockers f/r, a slee 4" complete lift, arb bumper, slee sliders, etc.....that has been keeping me pretty busy so far. However, as soon as the wheeling season is over here (october) and the weather starts to turn south, project 'cummins pig' will commence.

·
Registered
490 Posts
1 mile from the border in Canada, 68 bronco and it's driving now, will be going through portland on my way to sob at sand lakes on the 22nd of august, Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
just over the hill from newberg on hwy 219 . stop sometime if your heading to hillsboro area. always like to look at others work too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Scio. Have a scout 800 with a 4bta, and 74 ih crew cab with a 6b. Diesel swaps are addictive.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts