Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
You say a petcock. Do you have a photo? Also, do you have the serial number? If so I can look it up and see if it was original to the engine or one someone added. The only petcock I've seen on a 4bt was on the aftercooler models which was used to bleed the air out of the aftercooler.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Water source, any use, gauge, etc.

Ed in CO
The picture shown is simply a drain, but that is where my tractor cab heater got its water from, & returned to the lower radiator hose connection below the water pump,, with 3/8 pipe at both ends, & a shut of valve at the lower hose connection,, but currently being used for a heat sensor for gauge with numbers & a max temp buzzer. I am fixen to add a bypass from there to the front of the head, just before the thermostat, to one of the front temp sensors as I have 2 (Why 2 - I don’t know) why a bypass ?, to try & get #4 cyl to run cooler as I seam to reach 230-235 if I don’t watch it close

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Sonshine, not sure why that petcock is there unless it was to relieve air when filling the coolant. Do you have the serial number on that engine? If so, I can look and see if that was factory installed or added later by someone.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sonshine, not sure why that petcock is there unless it was to relieve air when filling the coolant. Do you have the serial number on that engine? If so, I can look and see if that was factory installed or added later by someone.
I suspect bleeding air too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts