Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what plot bearring to use with a nv4500 gm output to the cummins chevy flywheel is this enough information any help would be great.

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
The GM P30 original version uses a 6302 double plastic sealed non relube type bearing. Do not use the metal sealed relube type in this application as it permit the grease to be expelled out and dirt can then enter. This size was used with the SM465 transmission. I'm not sure if the inside diameter will fit the GM version NV4500.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used car quest part no. 302-SS

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Yes it is the same part number for any chevy trans, that should have the .69" pilot tip...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the sm465 and the gm nv4500 have the same pilot tip dia.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Yes sorry whatever it is...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
simple enough where can i get one. car quest? napa? is the stock clutch good enough my engine as of now is stock i like to add a turbo off a 6bt and turn up the pump a little maybe around 150 to 175 hp proberly more toward the 150 side its the 130hp version cpl 1389 i think . another thing i have the gm tilted adaptor plate and a advanced adaptor bellhousing for the nv4500 and there is some gaps around the bellhousing mostly on the bottom. has anyone encountered this.

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
simple enough where can i get one. car quest? napa?
Yes & yes, just get the sealed one, not shielded
is the stock clutch good enough my engine as of now is stock i like to add a turbo off a 6bt and turn up the pump a little maybe around 150 to 175 hp proberly more toward the 150 side its the 130hp version cpl 1389 i think .
If it's good it should work.
another thing i have the gm tilted adaptor plate and a advanced adaptor bellhousing for the nv4500 and there is some gaps around the bellhousing mostly on the bottom. has anyone encountered this.
That is how it matches up in the P30 van. The upper 3/8 inch bolts are what clamps it together and the two dowel pins locate it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well than its good to go thanks..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts