Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. i am in the process of converting my f banger to a patrol 5 speed trans. this has a 16mm diameter on the front of the input shaft. versus 17 for the T-18. i read in a post here, ( can't find it again. ) that the ford uses a 6203 ? bearing. can anyone elaborate ? or does anyone have a measurement on the pilot bearing hole in the flywheel ? i'm aiming to have all my ducks in a row, and do the conversion hopefully over a weekend soon.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so i spoke to my bearing supplier today. apparently there isn't a bearing that is 16mm id and 47mm od. ( 6303 is 47 od. ) one option is a 6204 bearing. it has a 20mm id. and make some sort of flanged bush down to 16. would mild steel be ok for this job ? i was under the impression that the input shaft is pretty hard, and the bearing should turn anyway ? or would sintered bronze be better ?

·
Super Moderator
8,816 Posts
Have you heard of IGUS?

A german company that makes flanged plastic bushings. Ideal for a solution such as this.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i haven't. will look it up. thanks dougal.:beer:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have you considered using a Patrol bushing/bearing and using a steel bushing to make up the difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts