Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know I am wrong and ban me if you must. But I just went and bidded on some vans at 2 locations close to me and each van 9 in total I would get out bidded on. So I did some snooping in other state sales and he was there also bidding, I am think shilling. So I made a call to dove bid and they told me it was a salvage company in Ohio. Well me bieng me I went back to one van auction and bidded one van up slowly to a very high point and found his number and then I went and bidded up maybe 20 or vans up to the same amount, so piss on him for the greed of getting all the vans he is atleast going to pay out the ass on my part for that. Sorry to be like that and do with me ass you may. But here's to the little "MAN" :beer:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hell I wish I could just get one. I did great last year but Im starting to think like the others, Im just not going to grab one for 1500 anymore. Im actually trying to get one without an injection pump hoping that it will at least stay under 1500.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well some of these have bad engines, no rears, and a bunch with bad trannies. I had a run in with this guy last year on the first auction I ever bidded on and he did the same thing. Then for 9 months I never seen him again. I have bought 6 over the last nine months cheapest was 800.00 and the highest was 1400.00. I kept 3 one I put the engine in my jeep as the same for my fathers jeep and I kept one van complete to move into my new house with. The other 3 we stripped and sold the engines to some jeep guys in PA .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
that sucks that he has to do that. It sucks that these vans are the only real source for these engines too...

oh, and it's "bid" in the past tense not "bidded":grinpimp:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i got a 15 foot kurbmaster with 88,000 miles and i know it is a 4bta because i seen it 2 months ago when i was picking up a van from the same place.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, at least you got one. There are either some hardcore 4bt guys here in Texas or there are some hardcore scrappers. Either way I was outbid again. I drive a school bus and it just so happens that when the auction closes here in Texas Im midway through my route. Thats how I keep missing them. I know for a fact that guys will bump bids and I dont want to be on the wrong end of that. Right now my only option is just to bid some rediculously high amount and hope that someone doesnt bump it to the max.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts