Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an attempt to establish an in chassis 4BT dyno results thread to have all the information located in one area instead of being scattered through all of the forums - a quick reference Sticky.

The information we should try to include:

The original hp and torque of the unmodified engine.
The chassis/vehicle which it is installed.
The transmission you are using.
The lift pump/fuel system & injection pump used and mods; ie: 1-1/2 turns on the fuel screw; timing bumped, etc.
The injectors being used.
The exhaust system being used, headers, exhaust pipe size, muffler etc.
The air intake, filter, and plumbing to the turbo.
The Turbo description & mods to it, exhaust housing & compressor sizes.
The "Dyno Results" sheet showing horsepower and torque.

bounce Links to the dyno run video if you have one can be included. bounce

Thanks folks!
BobS

Reactions: 2Turbos

·
Registered
77 Posts
Presently the pump mods are: smoke screw-1/2 turn in, AFC spring tensioner-1/4 down, max power screw-2 turns in with factory tack welded collar in place(washers removed), factory #72 aneroid pin at deepest setting and 3200 RPM Governer spring. Before the pump mods the most boost I ever saw was 14 psi, after mods 25 psi max, with egts under 1000 deg post turbo. I added a12cm3 exhaust housing with disabled wategate to the stock H1C, 27 PSI max unloaded. Open cone filter, 3 inch intercooler plumbing, 1/2 6.0l Powerstroke intercooler core with Ford F700 end tanks, and 3 inch mandrel bent open exhaust. With 8000 lbs load the truck made 162.4 RWHP @2374 and 393.4 RWTQ @1841. This is stock injectors and stock IP timing and 30 PSI max boost.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for getting it started! Great info and excellent results!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just a suggestion, it would be very helpful if the dyno brand, model and type of load is listed. All dyno's are not created equal and most will not be comparable to each other.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No one else wants to share numbers? I am looking for other dyno results to help plan my next round of mods. Anybody?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Power!

I am currently in S. Korea, but when I get back to the states I'll hit up a dyno. Let ya know then. Hopefully I'll have my water/meth by then too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Put my 1993 crew cab with the cpl 858 on a mustang dyno yesterday.... 106HP, 241 TQ.... which tells me that I'm bone stock with no adjustments on the pump YET. =)

There were some monster 12 and 24 valves there too... putting down 550hp and 1000 TQ. But there was also carnage. One guy lost his clutch, another blew the endcap off his intercooler, and another blew a short 3" cooling hose. All in all a good time, tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just dyno'd my 4bta on a Dynojet today.
88 Bronco II
4bta, hy35w off '03, 3k gsk, ground off "foot" in the AFC, no adjustments to full power screw, th475 non lock up of course.
Results
147.76hp @2600
285.9ftlbs @2600
Three runs back to back. Third run highest but only 1.68hp diff on all 3 and 8.2ftlbs difference.
I didn't get to see what the boost was but on the street it hits 28 no problem so the waste gate is working. Now I have a baseline and I can turn the screw in and plug that gate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
darkangel and brickhead, what type of dyno's were you guys on?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Put my 1993 crew cab with the cpl 858 on a mustang dyno yesterday.... 106HP, 241 TQ.... which tells me that I'm bone stock with no adjustments on the pump YET. =)

There were some monster 12 and 24 valves there too... putting down 550hp and 1000 TQ. But there was also carnage. One guy lost his clutch, another blew the endcap off his intercooler, and another blew a short 3" cooling hose. All in all a good time, tho.
I just dyno'd my 4bta on a Dynojet today.
88 Bronco II
4bta, hy35w off '03, 3k gsk, ground off "foot" in the AFC, no adjustments to full power screw, th475 non lock up of course.
Results
147.76hp @2600
285.9ftlbs @2600
Three runs back to back. Third run highest but only 1.68hp diff on all 3 and 8.2ftlbs difference.
I didn't get to see what the boost was but on the street it hits 28 no problem so the waste gate is working. Now I have a baseline and I can turn the screw in and plug that gate.
darkangel and brickhead, what type of dyno's were you guys on?
darkangel posted in hidden code he was using a mustang dyno. brickehead, in equally hidden code posted he used a dynojet. before you ask, they were using cummins 4 cylinder diesels, specifically the 4B series.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, I need to stop skimming posts. Thanks McInfantry.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dyno results

I have 32 pages of Dyno info and would be glad to share,but info is not for a Street legal 4BT.....If someone wants some data off a Twin turbo's Bonneville 4BTTA, I can help....we are also turning the engine 5K...real tall gears....Our info was off a Super Flo Chassis Dyno. Steve

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok here we go. Denny T ran the Ol' Chevy on the Dyno for me. It was a Mustang Dyno, The 4BT put down 217 HP and 553 FT LBS. Mods are Pump timed, Denny T stg II fuel pin, 3200 gov spring, star wheel down, fuel screw in almost to runaway, POD injectors, HY35 turbo, 3 1/2" exhaust, BHAF, 24x14x4 intercooler with all 2.5" tubing.

Next is a set of twins and more fuel, I'll let ya know.bounce

·
Registered
490 Posts
first pull 209hp, 460 ftlbs no governer spring yet egt's 1030 and 38lbs of boost. dyno dynamics dyno

these are uncorected numbers, hot dawg is that corrected or uncorrected?

·
Registered
228 Posts
first pull 209hp, 460 ftlbs no governer spring yet egt's 1030 and 38lbs of boost. dyno dynamics dyno

these are uncorected numbers, hot dawg is that corrected or uncorrected?
Mine #'s were: 205/521 uncorrected and 217/553 corrected.

How do those twins sound??? I hope I can spool my HX55, its freakin huge!

·
Registered
490 Posts
they work well! :D if i didn't allready have a p7100 i am/whould be very happy with this setup, but next dyno run should be over 400hp with the new pump and some other goodies:D

1 - 20 of 138 Posts