Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the fitting (style/size) is That goes into the pressure side of the power steering pump on the p30 vans? I think it is a o-ring fitting but nothing I have fits it. I do not have the pressure line from the van.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmm,

I used a the same fitting as on the power steering box of my 78 chevy. It is the smaller of the two and a reverse flare... not an o-ring. Looking into the hole on the pump, mine did not look the same as the o-ring style on the H-boost. Plus, the o-ring fittings are metric aren't they? Like 16 or 18 mm? My SAE thread reverse flare threaded right in perfectly. I haven't started it yet, so no idea if it leaks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The earlier pumps were flare, the later have the O ring. That port can be changed one way or the other if needed. You just screw the whole pressure regulator out and put in what you want. I prefer the flare, it is much easier to use when modifying vehicles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. The link was very helpful. I guess I will just go to NAPA and buy the part to see if it fits. Good to know that I have options if it dosen't though. I will be hooking this to a 1988- 1997 ford super duty brake hydrobooster anybody have any info on what fittings I need for it? I couldn't find the ford hydroboost lines on the handy online NAPA part finder. One fitting on the hydroboost unit looks very similar to the pump port. The other one is slightly larger. Maybe 16mm and 18mm???

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts