Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motor from a P30. The P/S pump seems to be fine but the sheet metal reservoir is rather beat up to the point where I cannot get a top on it, also one of the low pressure return lines is crimped.

Does anyone have a spare pump can/reservoir or a source and part number for the pump can/reservoir?

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My engine came out of a P30. After more searching around it appears that the standard reservoir off of a Saginaw pump may fit. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
My engine came out of a P30. After more searching around it appears that the standard reservoir off of a Saginaw pump may fit. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks.
That's what it looks like to me, as well. Might even be able to use a non-hydroboost reservoir and just put a second return line fitting into it..

·
Registered
854 Posts
You could also tee the returns together (in the proper order)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, thanks for the confirmations. I will either "T" the returns or braze an additional return in depeding on what I can find.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a different solution. I found a small round pump housing from a Chevy Astro van pump that will fit. This housing was used on the Astro vans with hydroboost and has provisions for a remote mounted reservoir. Which will save me some room where I need it. I'm going to try to attach a couple of pix of both reservoirs.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts