Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the pressure plate bolts on a 4bt flywheel have to be special and tapered? I know they are 5/16-18 grade 8 and is there a part number or some other application I may can use?

·
Registered
12,643 Posts
As far as I know those bolts are nothing special. That is just a normal flywheel like any other manual transmission engine. Not even sure those bolts are grade 8. There would be no part listing in the Cummins file since the clutch assembly is not provided with the engine. Are you sure those bolts are 5/16. I thought those flywheels used 3/8. Member Eggman should be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I "Think" it would depend on the adapter/flywheel combo so I would start there, now in general you would want grade 8 with a full OD from the base of the head to a length that recesses a certain depth into the flywheel. Depending on what flywheel is on the engine you could find a bolt that fits it and then go from there that would give you size and pitch then measure how deep the counter bore in the flywheel is add the thickness of the pressure plate flange and you will have the Dim's you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts