1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting an idea of what some used parts are costing,
nv4500 bell housing?
cummis to nv 4500 ADAPTER PLATE?
NV4500 with 205 transfer case attached, in good shape?
used GEAR VENDOR with 205 adapter?
Thankyou for all input
Patrick

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just bought all this crap

Adapter plate $100
Bellhousing $150
Used NV4500 $750
NP205 with 29 splines $650
female to female connector to go between the NV4500 Output shaft and 25 input shaft $100
Clutch plate $100
Shipping $250

I bought a clutch from Napa it was $350. The clutch plate was very heavy and I think even though it is much more expensive I would have bought a Southbend and it comes with its own clutch plate. Shipping on that thing was a big part of my expense. I bought a lot of these parts from useddieselparts.com. He is a nice old guy that has a lot of stuff. I have a 29 spline NP205 available on the for sale section. It includes the female connector. It came out of a rolled 92 I bought and has around 137k miles. Anyway you look at this thing be prepared to spend up to $2500. I did, but now that it is done I am sure I did the right thing. I sure thought hard about keeping my T19 and Dana 20 case. But after I sold all the adaptor plate and all the Ford Cummins parts, plus I sold my Scout T19 and Dana 20 I ended up with about $1000 out of the parts I didn't use. It was a good trade off, but I think I lucked out on what I sold and what it brought and of course it was a headache. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for input
I didnt realize those adapters & 4500 could be bought that cheap. Every where I looked they were quite more expensive.
Patrick

·
Registered
232 Posts
They were all used parts

It can be done cheap if you don't get in a hurry. I am just north of you and could point you in a few directions. My email is [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts