Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i have a 79 plymoth trailduster. i have had it for over a year now and i have a situation were i can start working on it. im starting a new page on it because im starting to actually upgrade it. i was going to use my old post but people just looked and didn't get many reply's lol so lets try some thing new.

the plans:
im planing on a 3/4 tone axle swap dana 60 front and rear and am going to try to find factory way of doing over sized brakes in front and disk in rear. high steer with cross over conversion and possible hydro assist. a 4bt cummins trubo diesel and a manual conversion. custom bumpers front and rear. 12000 pound winch. probbly only going to have a 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires. im taking a lot of ques form the super nacho that madmax is building. but i don't think i will be able to do that uber sweet airbag system at the moment because im not that much of a fab guy. (the nacho - http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?topic=49434.0)

the history:
i bought it a while ago because my 84 dodge pickup died on me(timing chain went) and i didn't feel like having it fixed. i lived in a apartment that wouldn't let us work on ower vehicles. i was walking to work one day when i saw it sitting in a empty dirt parking lot witha sale sign on it. called the guy up and 800 dollers i was driving it home lol. took it out wheeling a while later and wound up finding more trouble then i was ready for lol(see picts) wound up having to have it towed to my friends house were i spent a bunch of money on fluids to get it to drive again because i got water every were in i, tranny engine axles cab EVERY WERE. when i opened my door i swear i had more water in the truck then in the pit lol. well i was driving on the free way one day a few months later. i steped on teh go peddle and the trans down shifted and broke. wound up walking a mile to a pay phone to call my friend to tow it again . had him tow it to my mecanic friend shop were he and i rebuilt the trans myself with his help. and now it sits in the back yard of were im staying. waiting for a new life.

parts i have so far for it
borg steering shaft
dana 60 front (some assembly required)
dana 60 rear
np205 (23 spline)
nv4500 (needs to be rebuilt)

picts (who dosent like picts)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
smore pict

as for a engine im still confused as to how to get it. i have been looking high low left and right for one localy but only found one and the guy wats 3k for a 105 hp one. saw one one ebay for 5.5k and its closer to what i want.

idealy i want the 130 hp with p series pump. with a compressor and ps pump unit and the water pump pully driven vaccume pump. i want on bord air or i would use teh first gen system.(how dose the air compressor work? is it constant or is there a clutch system when it hits max pressure?)
so if any one has any ideas on were to find one let me know.

another thing im currently considering, due to kneeding to rebuild the trans, is puting a 32 spline output shaft in it and making a adaptor for a np203 and use a 203/205 duel tcase setup. any ideas?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any progress lately?

Mr. Mastermoparman,

Any progress lately on your Trailduster build? I've been waiting for some new posts and keep waiting .....

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts