Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone have any thoughts on temporarily blending propane or ethanol into a dedicated cummins b-gas CNG 5.9 to make it cross country between cng stations? or running on propane when out of cng? even better a full solution for dual fuel intake and electronics upgrade. i have already found a dual and tri fuel ecu the bosch ng-motronic used in the sprinter ngt. cummins westport says the propane b gas is 9.5:1 and my b-gas is running at 10.5:1 and would not advise running on propane or complete engine failure could result. a trucker with propane truck conversion experience says it could be ok with a exhaust temp guage and dont let it get over 1100 or so or i will melt holes in the pistons. he said if you watch out hammering up hills and watch the guage carefully everything would be fine on propane. any suggestions or experiences helpful. thanks. jef

correction propane ratio B LPG PLUS: 9.1:1

cng B GAS PLUS: 10.5:1

bi fuel sprinter ngt is gasoline/cng 4bt
tri fuel ecms are currently used in brazil for ethanol/cng/gasoline

a safe jerry rig for when out of fuel to tap in propane is fine if no real solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
anyone have any thoughts on temporarily blending propane or ethanol into a dedicated cummins b-gas CNG 5.9 to make it cross country between cng stations? or running on propane when out of cng? even better a full solution for dual fuel intake and electronics upgrade. i have already found a dual and tri fuel ecu the bosch ng-motronic used in the sprinter ngt. cummins westport says the propane b gas is 9.5:1 and my b-gas is running at 10.5:1 and would not advise running on propane or complete engine failure could result. a trucker with propane truck conversion experience says it could be ok with a exhaust temp guage and dont let it get over 1100 or so or i will melt holes in the pistons. he said if you watch out hammering up hills and watch the guage carefully everything would be fine on propane. any suggestions or experiences helpful. thanks. jef

correction propane ratio B LPG PLUS: 9.1:1

cng B GAS PLUS: 10.5:1

bi fuel sprinter ngt is gasoline/cng 4bt
tri fuel ecms are currently used in brazil for ethanol/cng/gasoline

a safe jerry rig for when out of fuel to tap in propane is fine if no real solution.
a cng tank usually has a bigger pressure than a propane tank... but you could use an auxiliary module to fool the ecm and make it run on ethanol or propane at least as limp home mode... btw, the sprinter ngt doesnt's use a 4bt, it uses mercedes-benz gasser engines converted to bi-fuel gasoline/cng, the only dedicated cng conversion based in a diesel engine that i saw in a sprinter was made by volpe gas vehicular based on a om014 engine and didn't supported the use of gasoline not even for limp home...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts