Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all needed to inject propane into 4bt but the part that goes into intake. Any ideas where I may find sparge tube?

·
Registered
11 Posts
propane is very old school--you need to be very aware of detonation---wish I could help with the part you need, but I know no one who runs propane anymore---you'd have to do a search on the 'net or maybe ebay I'm guessing...good luck...chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
realizing the post is 2 years old,

getting it into the engine is the simplest part of the equation. drilling into your intake tube and tapping a brass barb would be the simplest. definitely no rocket science.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Yea and it's not bad on the engine either. I had a kit on my 95 dodge for over 4 yrs no problems and it had 350,000 miles on it when I sold it. My friend has had his propane setup for 8 yrs I installed it on his 2000 dodge still uses it and gets crazy fuel mileage with it.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep but getting right amount is close to rocket science and didnt want to experiment so scrapped idea trucks all are

Running good so less is more now. Some say good some no good just looking to hang onto what good is now..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts