Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase the input gear for a Chelsea 352 PTO for the early Chevy NV-4500 (different than the later Chevy/Dodge version). I can provide part numbers if needed.

I have a PTO with a different input gear but might consider a complete PTO if the gear is right.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have the whole unit, with a hydraulic pump mounted to it, still bolted to a '93 Chevy NV4500.
I'd take $450 plus shipping for the PTO/pump assembly.

Mark.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer but that's a little rich for my blood, especially when I can't use that PTO for my application, I need the shaft output.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, but I don't have to have it to finish my project, so I can afford to wait.

I posted from work initially and didn't have the details.
The Parker Chelsea input gear number is 5-P-1063.
Bulletin HY25-2352-M1/US lists it as a 25 tooth left-hand helix gear.
The PTO model would start with 352XSFB.

The latter dodge version used a 26 tooth gear one number/letter designation higher.
Since both transmissions are no longer in production neither are the gears, so the distributers can't get it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that's the document I have, but like I said those gears are discontinued, so the local Chelsea dealer can't find one.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I found one for the Dodge NV4500, 5-P-1064, for $88, but that won't help you any, unless you swap to the later input and cluster gear.
I looked at my PTO and it's a totally different model number, 381XBLS-4, from yours.

Mark.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes yours is designed to drive a hydraulic pump, the 352 is designed for shaft drive which is what I need to run the winch on my truck. Hadn't checked but I figured the input gears were the same for the different PTOs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.