Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 Dodge W250 pickup that was rolled i'm going to be pulling the engine at some point in time because i bout the truck for the engine because i want to put it in my '64 Chevy K10 i was wondering what parts need to be kept from the truck (wiring harness, brain boxes, parts from fuel system) and what i need to watch out for when pulling the stuff out

also they guy i bought the truck from said besides the rotarty pump the only thing wrong with these engines was some locating pin in the front cover that with wear and tear can fall out and grenade the engine or just fall in the oil pan, has anyone else heard this? if so how do you go about replacing/correcting this problem

thanks
Nate

·
Registered
17 Posts
the dowel pin is the killer dowel pin or kdp I think several threads in here deal with it. It is a pin inside the front cover. The bolt next to it get replace with a tab that retains the dowel pin. i'll post a link if I find the thread :beer:

Linky to thread

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a problem with a rotary pump?? Naw, just no aftermarket support.

When you take out the engine, watch BOTH fuel lines. The main feed and the smaller return that is up and a little to the right.

The only thing the "brain" (if you wanna call it that) does is regulate voltage (can be by-passed), the CC (you can get a vacuum only one that doesn't need a brain for input), and 1 other thing.

Keep the parts truck until you are done with the swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts