Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Nice idea, I have been trying to figure out how to run a vacuum pump. I have a Ford PSD vacuum pump lying around that just might wirk like the one in your picture. I can't fit a typical Cummins vacuum pump due to the engine mounts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice idea, I have been trying to figure out how to run a vacuum pump. I have a Ford PSD vacuum pump lying around that just might wirk like the one in your picture. I can't fit a typical Cummins vacuum pump due to the engine mounts.
Gregg,

That is not how my vacuum pump is set up. I am using this picture for a reference for the pulley on the fan drive. My vacuum system is off the dodge ram. It looks just like the picture below. I just moved my alternator where the vacuum pump is. I didn't have enough belt touching my alternator to make it work without squealing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Gregg,

That is not how my vacuum pump is set up. I am using this picture for a reference for the pulley on the fan drive. My vacuum system is off the dodge ram. It looks just like the picture below. I just moved my alternator where the vacuum pump is. I didn't have enough belt touching my alternator to make it work without squealing.
I remember your pump setup, I took a long look at using a Dodge pump but like I said it pushes my P/S pump back in the way of where the left engine mount will bolt up at. I even went so far as to remove the vacuum/P.S. pump combo from my Dodge and bolt it up to the 4bt. So I thought I could use the PSD pump I have lying around. I also checked into hydro boost brakes but it is rather pricey.
Mook: I can make hoses, I have my own Parker hyd. crimper. Let me know what you need and we can talk a trade.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
Does anybody have the part number for the v-belt pulley that is used on the ford setup on the 4bt with the vacuum pump?? I need the pulley that attaches to the fan drive pulley.
Cummins 3903221

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
The new PN for that pulley is 3919624, and was $33.32 when i ordered it from Cummins Atlantic this morning. It's listed as a freon compressor pulley.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The new PN for that pulley is 3919624, and was $33.32 when i ordered it from Cummins Atlantic this morning. It's listed as a freon compressor pulley.
Thanks for the info. I haven't tried the local cummins place yet but I will now.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
I think that there is someone at Cummins who maintains their job by doing the part number shuffle. It's either that or change the number with each price increase which makes it look like the price of parts are not increasing thereby making the company profile more appealing in the stock market. At least we have a starting point by having a part number.

Let us know what shows up with the new part number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts