Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 97 f700 for the engine and rear end. (I don't plan on using the allison at545 trans if anyone is interested) I want to swap the cummins into a 1956 ford f600. I'm in the early stage of aquiring all the parts. Does anybody have a 2ton truck with a 5,7,or 10 speed trans thats being parted out. I only want a manual trans set up. The 56 f600 currently has a 272 y-block 4sp main trans. and a 4sp aux. tran. I have a 5speed clark 285v33 but I think I need the bellhousing that came on the bread truck with the 4bt and t19 trans. (I have the adapter plate from a bread truck) If anyone has one of those bellhousings could you measure the bolt patern on the trans side, my clark trans has 4 bolts to the bellhousing the bolts are 8 1/2' apart center to center and 4 3/4' top to bottom center to center thanks for any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 97 f700 for the engine and rear end. (I don't plan on using the allison at545 trans if anyone is interested) I want to swap the cummins into a 1956 ford f600. I'm in the early stage of aquiring all the parts. Does anybody have a 2ton truck with a 5,7,or 10 speed trans thats being parted out. I only want a manual trans set up. The 56 f600 currently has a 272 y-block 4sp main trans. and a 4sp aux. tran. I have a 5speed clark 285v33 but I think I need the bellhousing that came on the bread truck with the 4bt and t19 trans. (I have the adapter plate from a bread truck) If anyone has one of those bellhousings could you measure the bolt patern on the trans side, my clark trans has 4 bolts to the bellhousing the bolts are 8 1/2' apart center to center and 4 3/4' top to bottom center to center thanks for any help
How is this build going? Do you have any pictures?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts