Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83ish S10 with a good running diesel. I have no title on the truck but am currently useing it as a farm truck. I am considering putting the motor into my jeep project and am wondering what kinds of 4x4 transmissions I could use. I am useing axles off a CJ8 and a frame off of an older (about 62) jeep that orriginally came with the buick v6. I would like to use a 5 speed tranny from something like an 80s s10 or isuzu trooper but I have no idea if the bellhousing bolt patterns would match or if I could put another transmission onto the orriginal bellhousing. also I have heard talk about adjusting something on the fuel pump to get a little more oooomph out of the underpowered little beast. I don't want to go turbo and I don't have a real heavy right foot. I am more interested in useability and economy. I know it would have enough power to push a 2000 lbs jeep. Also in it's current state it is olny getting about 22 mpg and I have seen that they should get 44-55. Any ideas on how to fix that? Feel free to email me. Thanks abunch Ya'll.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is less than the original jeeps but no by much. This jeep had a 134ci Go Devil engine that put out 60 hp and 105 lbft or torque. just barely over the deisel so I think it would be great and not tomention Freakin cool. Heck the newer military general purpose (GP) or (Jeep) the hummer has a deisel why not an old Willys. Besides I am not looking to set an land speen records

1 - 3 of 3 Posts