Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into this motor or even know what they are selling for? The size is nice...shorter and lighter than a 3.9...and they are available up to 110hp. It appears to be a Common Rail system with the electronics bolted to the side of the block. Anyone know anything indepth?

Daniel

·
Registered
667 Posts
Has anyone looked into this motor or even know what they are selling for? The size is nice...shorter and lighter than a 3.9...and they are available up to 110hp. It appears to be a Common Rail system with the electronics bolted to the side of the block. Anyone know anything indepth?

Daniel
As a matter of fact, I called Cummins Tuesday and asked about the QSB3.3. I was transferred to a distributor local to me. (New Orleans, LA) The salesman quoted a price of $7374 dollars including starter, larger alternator, hydraulic pump, rear sump oil pan and #4 sae flywheel housing. He also said the QSB3.3 has a 120 day delivery time and he has to order a minimum of 3 from Cummins.

I WAS considering installing a QSB3.3, NV3350 & NV241OR in my 1998 Jeep Cherokee instead of purchasing a 1998/1999 Durango for a 4BT conversion. I really like my 1998 Cherokee and wanted to convert it.

I believe I can perform a 4 BT conversion including the cost of the ZF 5-42 transmission & adapter and BW1356 transfercase for less than the cost of the QSB3.3. Hell I can probably perform the swap and a front SAS for the Durango for less than the cost of the QSB3.3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a matter of fact, I called Cummins Tuesday and asked about the QSB3.3. I was transferred to a distributor local to me. (New Orleans, LA) The salesman quoted a price of $7374 dollars including starter, larger alternator, hydraulic pump, rear sump oil pan and #4 sae flywheel housing. He also said the QSB3.3 has a 120 day delivery time and he has to order a minimum of 3 from Cummins.

I WAS considering installing a QSB3.3, NV3350 & NV241OR in my 1998 Jeep Cherokee instead of purchasing a 1998/1999 Durango for a 4BT conversion. I really like my 1998 Cherokee and wanted to convert it.

I believe I can perform a 4 BT conversion including the cost of the ZF 5-42 transmission & adapter and BW1356 transfercase for less than the cost of the QSB3.3. Hell I can probably perform the swap and a front SAS for the Durango for less than the cost of the QSB3.3.
Well crap! There goes that idea. Thanks for the insight....

·
Registered
26 Posts
it's made in japan,komatsu,cummins was also able to pull revenue set aside for warranty claims for this engine and use them for the sx line,very few problems in the field,A guy put the mech version in a jeep wrangler on DTR.com turned up pump to 130 HP and 35 MPG.I've seen them for half what you were qouted on Ebay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's made in japan,komatsu,cummins was also able to pull revenue set aside for warranty claims for this engine and use them for the sx line,very few problems in the field,A guy put the mech version in a jeep wrangler on DTR.com turned up pump to 130 HP and 35 MPG.I've seen them for half what you were qouted on Ebay.
The QSB 3.3 is a common rail system....has an ECM bolted to the side of the block. I take it you are talking about the older all mechanical 3.3?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts